12.27.2011

Perfect Bacon Everytime

I love bacon! I like to buy My bacon from the meat section by the pound, it's usually a lot cheaper than commercial brands. I got 1lb of bacon ends at my local grocery, for 1.43

Growing up most of us ate bacon that was pan fried. If you want diner perfect bacon cooking it in the oven is the way to go. I like to cook a whole package, save the liquid gold & put into plastic bags. This makes for quick breakfast & lunches

Preheat the oven to 375

Cover your cookie sheet in foil & lay you bacon strips out flat.
Cook for 20-25 minutes. The bacon will seem soft, but as it cools it will crisp up nicely
After cooking bacon in the oven, trust me You will never go back to frying. It's easier,tastes better & looks better.
Perfect bacon everytime!

* remember to save the drippings (liquid gold) put in small Tupperware & store in fridge. Use it to fry potatoes, sautée green beans or for refried beans


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment